Sunday, January 13, 2013

Starting 2013 with my favorite music from 2012


I like to listen to music, but I miss a lot of it, so I always end up trolling the internet's year end best-of lists in the hopes of finding some gems. In the interest of paying it forward, here are twenty of my favorite pop songs of 2012. 

As will be obvious, I like to listen to a lot of disco-y club music when I'm drawing.


TOP 20 FAVORITE TRACKS OF 2012:


1. Show Me the Place - Leonard Cohen *I was surprised and affected by this album

2. Built For Love (feat. Romanthony) - Kraak and Smaak 
3. Home - Romy *i like the 'party girl' house sound of this
4. Warrior - Kimbra/A-Trak/Foster *this had such a big sound
5. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen 
6. Radioactive - Marina & the Diamonds *'having a psychotic break @ disco' genre
7. Do You... - Miguel
8. Ghost (Hey Champ Remix) - Gemini Club
9. Share My Love - R Kelly
10. Go Pressure (Peacetreaty Bootleg) - Starkillers & Alex Kenji
11. Let It Go - Dragonette *hard to decide between this and "Run Run Run"
12. The Keepers (The Knocks Remix) - Santigold
13. Constant Conversations - Passion Pit
14. Dirty Talk - Oliver *this came out early jan 2012 and I hoped the whole year would be like this
15. Body Work - Morgan Page ft Tegan and Sara
16. Beat of the Drum - Van She
17. Lets Go - Calvin Harris ft. Ne-Yo
18. Diamonds - Rihanna
19. Geronimo - The Knocks
20. Foreign Language (Feat. Jess Higgs) - Flight Facilities

honorable mention to stuff from Lower Dens, Grimes and Hot Chip.

No comments: